Administrative Officer I at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer I
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Assist in the monthly report of the development & delivery activities;
- Provide administrative and logistics support for monthly / annual meetings, conferences and managing visits related to Development and Delivery office under Partnerships for Delivery Directorate and BASICS-II;
- Manage calendars and activities that fall under the purview of the D&D office and BASICS-II PM;
- File Travel Authorizations (TA) and prepare expense claims for the project manager and other project staff;
- Make oracle requisitions, work order and follow up till execution stage;
- Assist in developing economics for production of cassava seeds with partners;
- Assist in conducting training with BASICS II Seed Producers on Business RecordKeeping and price intelligence;
- Provide support to the Project Administrator on BASICS-II project matters and development and delivery office of P4D;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Economics, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Proficient level of skill and knowledge in administrative process and use of relevant technology to deliver on assigned tasks.
- Ability to prepare detailed monthly report of meeting and partnership activities with follow up actionable plans.
- Ability to ensure implementation of request in a timely manner.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Excellent computer skill especially typing and attention to details.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
28th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.