GovLab Incubation Program 2021 for Civil Society Organizations and Innovators in Nigeria (Up to $2,500 grant)
Deadline: February 6, 2021
Applications are open for the GovLab Incubation Program 2021. The GovLab is a 12-week program designed to identify, select, and support organizations that develop innovative and practical solutions to enhance good governance and public service delivery.
This program is designed to enhance citizen engagement, government accountability, and transparency by finding solutions that foster wide-scale access to public services. These innovations would primarily address pain points that militate against effective implementation and enforcement of human rights and rule of law by government officials and its representatives at the local, state, and national levels. Selected participants will then engage stakeholders to get a deeper understanding of the issues and be supported through a mentorship program to develop solutions that meet the objectives of the program.
Key Areas of Interest
Applications should focus on the following areas:
- Low Level of Citizen Participation: Solutions that drive citizens’ participation in the process of governance to demand accountability and transparency
- Corruption in Procurement: Solutions that track procurement processes, mitigates foreign bribery and simplifies the Nigerian budget and public data.
- Low Level of Institutional Cooperation: Solutions that drive cooperation of all government bodies starting from the lower levels
- High Cost of Political Campaigns: Solutions that regulate spendings on political campaigns
- Poor Remuneration of Civil Service Personnel: Policies and initiatives that drive for better remuneration
- Low access to funding for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs): Solutions that encourage crowdsourcing for CSOs
- Grant: Get up to $2,500 worth of equity-free funding
- Deals: Get discounts and free offers from their partners
- Business Advisory: Get access to a pool of mentors and business experts
- Strategic Partnerships: Access to a network of partners
- Open to Civil Society Organizations and innovators operating in Nigeria that develop innovative and practical solutions to enhance good governance and public service delivery;
- Solution improves services;
- Solution can be adopted easily;
- Solution should leverage technology;
- Idea/solution solves a clearly defined pain point;
- Solutions show scalable impact;
- The solution should provide data capturing abilities;
- Citizens should prioritize new solution over what already exists.
Applications are due for submission on February 6, 2021. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit GovLab.