Senior Tax Officer at Proten International
Proten International is a leading international Human Resource and Management Consulting firm which provides a range of Advisory and Transformation solutions. Our focus is to align every organization’s activities relating to People, Process, and Technology closely with its business strategy and vision.
Founded in 2010 in the United Kingdom, we have since expanded across Europe and Africa, serving clients across the public and private sectors and various industries including Banking, Oil and Gas, Insurance, Information Technology, Real Estate, Energy, FMCG, Manufacturing, and many more. In 2015, we launched our Africa office in Lagos, Nigeria, and have since provided a range of tailored solutions to various organizations.
Our bespoke solutions cut across Learning and Development, Talent Acquisition, Outsourcing / Managed Staffing, Enterprise Transformation, Transactional Advisory, and HR Technology.Over the years, we have worked with a long list of clients both in Europe and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Tax Officer
Location: Eleme, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Officer in charge / Tax Manager, the person will be responsible for day-to-day Tax Relating Job / Compliance jobs. This includes jobs Indirect & direct Tax reporting, Compliances; filing Returns, Tax Review, Relationship and correspondence with Tax Authorities.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
Tax Risk, Tax Advisory and Compliance:
- Provide support in advising on the tax impact of business transactions and strategy
- Proactively provide support in advising the business on recent tax laws and their impact on the business operations
- Maintain systems and strategies to ensure updates for CIT, PAYE, CGT, and VAT.
- Reviewing contracts and agreements for tax impacts
- Provide support in dealing with external tax queries for the company
- Handle Tax Audit Teams from relevant Tax Authorities
Direct & Indirect Tax Reporting and Planning:
- Assist to Compute monthly and annual corporate tax returns and ensure proper provisioning in Books of Accounts
- Preparation of Tax MIS for Mgt. Review tax-related matters.
- Provide Tax schedules and Consolidated Tax Reports on Demand
- Alignment of tax reporting to financial reporting
- Tax Review of Company Budget, Business Plan and yearly Forecast
- Tax computation and provisioning for the company and other subsidiaries
- Deal with Internal audit request and issues on Taxes
- Compute and File Qualifying Capital Allowance Certification in Line with Industrial Development Act
- Filing tax returns for: (a)VAT (b) WHT (c)PAYE.
- Prepare audit support data for Tax audit.
Education and Experience:
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting min 3 years experience in Fertilizer / Petrochemical / continuous process Chemical / Power plant / Oil Servicing Company.
EssentialSkills / Competencies (Technical& Non-Technical):
- Knowledge of Accounting basics is a must.
- Teamwork with the ability to multi-tasking.
- Open-minded, Organizing, problem-solving.
- Communication, Listening, and feedback.
- Punctuality, work attitude, and initiatives.
Vital Knowledge (Technical & Non-Technical):
- Good Knowledge of Taxation regulations like (Finance Act, Transfer Pricing, Country by Country Reporting, Industrial development Act, VATA, CITA, PITA, CGT, PPTA, Double Taxation Agreements, International Tax Laws, etc).
- Preferable a member of CITN, ICAN
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online