HIV Care and Support Officer at the Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN)
The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HIV Care and Support Officer
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Full Time
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- S/he is to provide technical support to ICHSSA 1 partner CSOs in the Implementation of technical program activities for community-based HIV Care and Support in ICHSSA 1 Program
- Under the direction of the HIV Care and Support Specialist, collaborate closely with the ICHSSA team to roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community-based response to HIV /AIDs towards scaling up access to HIV prevention and care services for vulnerable children and their caregivers
- Provide technical input for the development of strategies, design and implementation of HIV Prevention / Care & Support activities by ICHSSA 1 project; ensure activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services amongst project beneficiaries and their caregivers.
- Direct CSOs towards overall technical quality – including adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of the project.
- Support strategies towards ensuring that project activities are built on strong behavior change principles, and build the capacity of CSOs and relevant GON staff in effective implementation and monitoring.
- Work with the Treatment partners and coordinate bidirectional patient referral from facility to community and vice versa.
- Obtains patient line list regularly and ensure data synergy with the treatment partners along all custom indicators.
- Lead the process of monitoring of quality HIV care at the household and ensure drug adherence and viral load suppression
- Document OVC project attribution to the care and treatment partners overall achievement along the 95 95 95 epidemic control cascade.
- Work closely with the SMOH, SMWASD, SACA and HIV TWGs in Akwa Ibom and Cross River states in identifying and capitalizing on leverage points for improved linkages and referral coordination at the community level and for Integration of HIV Prevention Care & Support elements into other OVC areas project activities and vice versa
- Support the Linkage facilitators to ensure prompt enrollment and referral of all identified cases
- Other assigned roles by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: Snr Care and Support Specialist, State Program Manager,
- External: Other Implementing treatment partners, CSO Partners
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Qualification and Skills
- BSc in relevant Health related or Social Sciences field with a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs plus a technical experience with community level HIV prevention, Care & Support programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Pediatric &Adult) and experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant entitles
- Familiarity with PEPFAR-OVC programming and principles
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled In MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency of the local languages in Akwa Ibom
Application closing Date
25th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single MS Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.