Medical Doctor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Job Type: Open Ended contract.
Hours: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Desired start date: 10th April 2021
Probation Period: Two Months
- Provide outpatient and / or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients / beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and / or his/ her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized / IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Medical Doctor diploma, Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
- 2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health ,OBS and Gynae, Pediatrics, A, Infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, General practice, General medicine or Minor surgery.
- Fluency in English (reading and writing) and Hausa essential, other local languages desirable
- Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- People Management
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated and independent; able to work with minimal supervision in challenging contexts
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Monthly Gross salary of N556,003 (Five Hundred and Fifty-SixThousand Naira, Three Naira Only) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the closing date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer