Provost at the Edo State College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
The Edo State Colleges of Agriculture (Iguoriakhi) and Agricultural Technology (Agenebode) had by restructuring metamorphosed to one unique College of Agriculture and Natural Resources with expanded, widened and deepened scope of academic, training, research and integrated extension services. The new College has three schools, namely: School of Agricultural Technology and Engineering at Iguoriakhi which doubles as the main campus and administrative headquarters of the College; School of Aquaculture and Marine Technology being located at Agenebode and School of Forestry and Environmental Technology being located at Uromi.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Provost
- The Provost is the Chief Executive, Academic and accounting officer of the college and has power to exercise authority and control over both staff and students.
- He is also responsible for overall discipline in the college, subject to general control of the governing council.
- The candidate for this position must be credible, exhibit high level management dexterity and leadership experience, in addition to having a demonstrable passion for academic endeavors.
Qualifications and Qualities
The candidate for the post is expected to posses the following qualifications and qualities:
- Must hold a Ph.D degree from a recognized University in any of the courses offered in the College, in addition to a good honours degree with minimum of second class (lower Division) or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Must be Chief Lecturer of at least seven (7) years on the rank in the Polytechnic / Monotechnic sector, with a minimum of eighteen (18) years teaching experience.
- Must not be more than fifty five (55) years of age as at the date of assumption of duty.
- Must have demonstrable evidence of academic buoyancy and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation and sound human evaluation.
- Must provide evidence of membership of relevant and reputable professional National and International bodies.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publication in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must be able to attract research grant and development facilities to the college.
- Must be able to collaborate with relevant agencies and bodies for the overall development of the college.
- Must be able to harmonize all stakeholders’ views and contributions in the best interest of the college.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision capable of accelerated pace of development of the college, even in the face of financial and challenging circumstances.
- Must be a fair-minded, morally sound and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation, free from financial embarrassment
- Must -enjoy sound physical and mental health (attested to by Government Medical Officer),
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment for the position is for one single non-renewable term of five (5) years.
- The salary for the provost is consolidated and the successful candidate (or appointee) shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by Edo State Government.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should attach to their Application thirty (30) type-written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and e-mail.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations.
- Honours and Distinctions, if any.
- Academic / Scholarly publications.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates.
- Previous Employer (s) and post (s) held with dates.
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Thirty (30) copies of Statement of own vision (not more than 1,000 words) for the College (for Principal Officers only).
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and address of three (3) referees (preferable employer, educational and personal) who are to forward their reports under confidential cover by courier, to “The Permanent Secretary”, via the address below.
All Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope, by courier, and marked “Application for the Position applied” at the top left-hand corner to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources,
Central Road, G.R.A,
P.M.B 106, Benin City,
Edo State, Nigeria.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidate will be communicated.