Deputy Property Warehouse Supervisor at the U.S. Consulate General
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Property Warehouse Supervisor (All Interested Candidates)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-037
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: LE – 0805 8
Work Schedule: Full-time – 48 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-8.
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 06. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (48 number of hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- The incumbent serves as Deputy Property Warehouse (PW) Supervisor, and is under the supervision of the Property Warehouse Supervisor.
- S / he is responsible for a full range of program management relating to the Lagos Logistics Center (LLC) operations.
- S / he supervises one Supply Supervisor, two storekeepers-one expandable / one one-expandable, and indirectly supervises 35 warehouse locally employed staff. Lagos manages $8.5 million in non-expandable assets, and $2 million in expendable assets.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Minimum of three years experience in management, logistics, warehouse, or inventory and supply management including one year of supervisory experience is required.Job Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of standard supply instructions and procedures, catalogue and ordering procedures is required.
- Must have good knowledge and demonstrated ability of quality customer service provision, local labor law, traffic laws, airport access requirements, and warehouse best practices.
- This may be tested. Please specify the level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Language: Good working knowledge reading/writing/speaking English is required. Good working knowledge in of the following local languages: Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa languages is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to direct and supervise efficiently and be tactful, yet effective, in dealings with American personnel and their EFM/MOH about household furnishing and equipment.
- Ability to organized, extract complex data and prepare easy-to read report for users is required. Must have valid Nigerian Driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate forklift.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN 10,397,445 / USD $42,570 – Annum
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Secondary School Certificate
- Driver’s License
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders / Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section 09-461-4000 HRNigeria@state.gov