Community Liaison Office Coordinator (CLO) at the U.S. Embassy
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Liaison Office Coordinator (CLO)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-039
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade: FP – 0101 6
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: FP-6
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply / Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FS is 06. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.; U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Top Secret
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start Date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Basic Function of the Position – The incumbent is responsible for developing and managing a program based on community demographics and post-specific needs.
- Development and implementation of program that has direct impact on post morale and affects overall work performance, productivity, retention, community spirit, and individual and family well-being in a foreign environment.
- The CLO develops evaluation criteria and conducts periodic surveys to assess program efficacy.
- Based on analysis of formal and informal surveys, the CLO develops and implements a long-range program plan that outline goals to maintain and enhance morale at post.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of three years of professional work experience is required.
- Knowledge of pertinent Department of State (DOS) regulations, programs, and policies, as well as Nigeria laws, practices, and mores is required.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Written / Reading / Speaking English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Standard knowledge of Microsoft computer environment is required; ability to draft and edit material for correspondence and publication, as well as ability to demonstrate good interpersonal and customer service skills is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service.
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- USD42,570 / annum.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders / Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and / or Work Permit
- High School Diploma Certificate
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.