Programme Assistant (EU – ACT) at the British Council Nigeria
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant (EU – ACT)
Pay band: 4
Department: Business Delivery
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
Duration: Fixed term contract ending December, 2022
- The Programme Assistant (EU-Agents for Citizen Driven Transformation) will provide administrative and financial support assistance across the full range of programme support functions as required.
- will be responsible for ensuring quality and timeliness of delivery, good control of resources and compliance with agreed programme management systems and processes.
- Graduate level Education
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a client funded project or international non-governmental organization (INGO) / non-governmental organisation (NGO)
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a successful team / function
- Proven experience of scheduling and supporting meetings with internal stakeholders/ external partners
Role Specific Skills:
- Basic IT Skills including Word and Excel.
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Additional Information: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- N5,431,443 per annum.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online