LGA Field Officer at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LGA Field Officer
Locations: Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 8 months.
- The LGA Field Officer oversees and implements all aspects of SMC activities at LGA, health facilities and household level
- He/she is responsible for planning, implementation, reporting and coordination with local government representatives and community level stakeholders.
- Implement all SMC activities at health LGA level, including timely implementation of work plan, planning meetings, commodity distributions and monitoring to avoid any stock out, Community mobilization activities, supervision, monitoring and reporting
- Ensure accountability of received commodities and supplies through tracking consumption levels and review of reconciliation reports
- Responsible for capacity building of field partners (Supervisors, HFW, CDDs, and community mobilisers) through training, on-job support and quality supervision
- Track program targets and timely implement the planned activities to ensure program meets targets and review reports from LGAs and HFW for accuracy and completeness prior to submission
- Ensure implementation of activities is in line with the laid down protocols, by continuously monitoring and conducting supervision and on-job training of LGA, HFW and CHWs
- Maintain a good relationship and work jointly with – Public Health Officers and other partners to undertake home visits, meetings and to ensure health LGA’s ownership.
Qualifications and Experience
- Clinical Officer, nurse or Public Health or development-related qualification
- At least two years’ field experience in related field
- Fluency in English, Hausa and/or other local languages is required
- Experience working in drug / commodity supply management, ME and logistics
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including LGA staff, HFW and community leaders
- Experience of conducting quality supportive supervision and data use.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should send their updates CV to: email@example.com Kindly indicate the Job Title and your preferred location (State and LGA) and your State of Origin on your CV. Also indicate the Job position and location on the Subject title of your email application.
- All applicants must have a functional laptop and smart phone.
- Kindly note that applications who do not follow this specification will be disqualified
- Individuals blacklisted from implementing the Global Fund grants are not eligible to apply for any of the advertised positions
- Qualified Female candidates are encouraged to apply.