Computer Management Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Computer Management Assistant – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-053
Series/Grade: LE – 1805 8
Promotion Potential: LE-8
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 5/1. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Under the supervision of the Senior Computer Management Specialist, incumbent works as the Computer Management Assistant responsible for overall day-to-day operations, coordination, and management of all aspects of post’s unclassified processing system, peripherals, and integrated software platforms.
- Plans for feasibility assessment, design, specification, programming, implementation, testing and evaluation that include project plans, schedules, and time/cost estimates.
- Provides systems automation, troubleshooting, maintenance, technical support, and management of advisory services.
- Supervises three subordinate systems LE staff.
- Responsible for providing daily guidance, coordination of systems, functions of management, and support services in the Consulate and three remote sites for Information Systems Center.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Electronics is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Computer Operations, Programming, Network Operations, or Maintenance and Repair or a combination thereof.
- Complete knowledge of computer equipment, standard business work processes and management principles, emphasizing strong customer support, and trouble-shooting techniques for Information Technology is required.
- Complete knowledge of mobile device platforms (Blackberry, Apple iPhone, and Android) and their operating system is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent in Reading/Writing/Speaking English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose technical problems, and resolve software errors is required.
- Communications skills are required.
- Managerial abilities to administer and maintain Windows Server 2008, 2012, Exchange 2016, Windows 7 and Windows 10, LANs, WANs and Network infrastructure based on standard Guidelines, formal instructions to new users and ability to interface with personnel at all levels is required.
- Ability to plan, develop, package and conduct end-user training on diverse application areas including Microsoft Office software suite is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN 8,664,538 ($42,570) / Annum
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Certificate or license
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section 09-461-4000 HRNigeria@state.gov