Cash Based Transfer (CBT) Assistant at CARE International (6 Openings)
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Based Transfer (CBT) Assistant
Locations: Karasuwa, Nguru and Yusufari – Yobe State
Employment Category: Contract
Employment Type: Full-Time
Vacancy Type: National
Reporting to: CBT Officer
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensures high quality cash transfer programming in line with generally accepted standards, supports the operation and implementation of cash transfer programming.
- Monitor redemption process in vendor’s shops.
- Participants in conducting post distribution monitoring (PDM) and market price monitoring (MPM).
- Actively participates in targeting, SCOPE registration and card distribution
- Assist the CBT supervisor in writing monthly report.
- Mobilize and sensitize project participants on monthly basis before every redemption.
- Timely prepare and submit field reports.
- Properly engage with stakeholders in conformity with CARE core value.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor or her/his designate.
Qualifications (Know How)
- University degree/HND/OND in any of the following disciplines: Agricultural Economics or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in connection with project management in the food security and / or livelihood sector, and preferably in a non-governmental organization of humanitarian and international character.
- Previous experience in food distribution supervisory field is preferable.
- Ability to write reports.
- Able to work outside of regular working hours as required, including evenings and weekends if required.
- A good experience in supervision is required.
- Experience with survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant data analysis
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- 2-3 years progressively responsible experience in the food security and / or livelihood sector of INGO and/or directly related area
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
- Ability to deal well with a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of CARE International.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak local language(s)
- Perform any other related duties or responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor
- Given the stressful nature of Yobe security situation, which remains fluid and unpredictable and its high interpersonal and communication skills demands, the CBT officer will need to be able to fit easily into a complex and operative team of various cultural backgrounds.
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Details focus
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- 100% Field Location
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Candidates who reside and have resided for years within the locations where the positions are advertised are strongly encouraged to apply
- All qualified candidates living within Karasuwa, Nguru and Yusufari also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Due to the nature of this role, the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very frequent contact with children. It is expected that children who come in contact with CARE International are protected at all times.
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply.