Procurement Officer at CARE International
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Officer’s overall responsibility is to ensure the day to day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost effective manner, in compliance with legal, CARE and donor requirements.
- S/he will handle contracting, requisitions, inventory, and other tasks and provides support to the sub-offices’ and projects’ administration on procurement related matters. The incumbent is expected to deal with customers with maturity, tact and diplomacy.
- S/he will also prepare and manage consultancy contracts.
- The core areas of performance for this position are customer orientation, quality and timeliness of support provided, observance of policies and procedures, development and maintenance of relationships, Communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Staff Management (% of Time: 10%):
- Effectively supervise all direct reports in the performance of their duties
- Ensure the proper implementation of CARE’s performance management system for direct reports, including job description and annual performance objectives development, regular feedback, mid-term reviews and annual performance appraisals
- Proactively address performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching
- Identify necessary staff development and career development opportunities for direct reports
- Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined, understood and followed by direct reports.
Ensure Quality and Timely Supply of Goods and Services (including Consultants), Locally or Internationally in Accordance with Care Procurement Policies and Procedures (% of Time: 30%):
- Prepare and share the country office procurement plan for each FY (Quarterly,Bi-Annually etc…)
- Handle the local and international procurement process to ensure a timely supply of goods and service (including consultancy services) according to the procurement policies and standards of quality of service (prepare SBAs, LPOs, etc..),
- Follow-up pre-shipment inspection waiver, etc. from the relevant suppliers and authorities,
- Follow-up tax exemptions from the relevant authorities.
- Ensure clearance of goods from the ports,
- Inspect goods received to ensure their quality and quantity and approved acceptance,
- Follow-up the payment of goods and services invoices and bills, and advise Accounts on terms and conditions of contract relating to supply of goods and services to ensure that payments are made as agreed,
- Assist Operations Manager in providing training to staff on procurement policies,
- Develop and maintain a vendor list for the main office and supervise the preparation of S/O vendor lists,
- Maintain and share vendor and price lists with MO and S/O procurement committees and Programme Managers,
- Maintain the annual procurement budget/plan of the main office and consolidate the country procurement Plan,
- Communicate effectively with clients,
- Ensure the completeness and chronological filling of L.P.O’s and Request for Payments,
- Ensure 24 hours’ feedback to staff on completeness of PR’s submitted and prompt feedback on delivery of items,
- Maintain and update individual vendor files
- Maintain and update the Manual Procurement Status Report,
- Ensuring new vendors and Consultant’s fill vendor questionnaires with all the required documentations attached and do Bridger checks on them.
- Request for Quotations, ensure vendor’s sign L.P.O’s and follow up with the prompt delivery of items.
Handle Vendor Management and Communication (% of Time: 15%):
- Effective report and communicate with clients and programs
- Maintain consultant database
- Prepare and maintain weekly Procurement Status Report (PSR).
Prepare, Process And Monitor Consultancy Contracts (% of Time: 15%):
- Maintain and review consultant’s database at the (Head Office) HO and the Sub-Office (SO).
- Ensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures,
- Co-ordinate due diligence where necessary
- Follow up prompt consultancy contracts to ensure respect of the provisions of the contract
- Prepare and process payment requests for Consultants in accordance with established procedures.
Ensure Effective Assets Management (% of Time 10%):
- Ensure that relevant tools are in place for inventory
- Ensure that the Country Office assets are tagged and properly kept (including individual lists of office equipment)
- Ensure that inventories are made in all offices at least once a year
- Ensure that inventory documentation is kept up to date in all offices
- Coordinate and ensure that the reconciliation of all offices and partners’ inventories is done with databases
- Produce annual inventory and reconciliation report to management.
Perform other duties as assigned (% of Time: 5%).
Education / Training
- University Degree in Administration, Supply Chain Management, Management or Business or equivalent experience OR a combination of education and work experience.
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices.
- 3 – 4 years progressively responsible experience in procurement and administrative work. A good experience in supervision is required.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills; Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction;
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines; Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems and practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French are required.
- Familiarity with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID,ECHO, CIDA etc..).
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online