ElectHER Future Lawmakers Programme 2021 for Nigerians
Deadline: June 11, 2021
ElectHER is calling for applications for the 1st Cohort of the ElectHER Future Lawmakers Programme (EFLP). Are you or do you know an aspiring Nigerian female lawmaker between the ages of 25-45 years, with a deep commitment to public service and looking to run for office at the State or Federal assembly in the 2023 general elections? Apply now!
The EFLP is an intensive five month legislative and leadership development programme for aspiring female lawmakers. The fellowship is targeted at professionals who have a strong interest in politics and aspire to run for lawmaking office at the Federal or State assemblies across Nigeria.
For this first cohort, ElectHER will welcome 30 aspiring female lawmakers who will make up 30 of our 35 ‘Agender35’ campaign candidates, that will receive direct funding support from ElectHER during the 2023 elections.
Fellows will receive the requisite training, tools and access to a space to innovate new ideas, accelerate their impact, ideate strategies for the 2023 elections, and gain increased access to human, social and financial capital.
Over the five-month period, fellows will have access to:
- Virtual learning sessions consisting of lectures, online seminars, discussions, workshops, informal networking, masterclasses and guest spotlight interactive sessions with key leaders and lawmakers in Nigeria and across the world.
- A one-week residency in Abuja to gain practical knowledge and engage key stakeholders.
- An opportunity to execute and fundraise for a constituency project.
- Consultancy work placement
- Nigerians resident in Nigeria
- Must be running for office at either Federal or State assemblies’ levels in 2023. May have ran for office previously at the Federal or State assemblies.
- Demonstrated interest in government, politics and/or public affairs. Previously/ currently working in government within a technical capacity, or in government consulting.
- Must have a clear engagement strategy for the 2023 elections and have reasonable social capital within the political space
- MUST BE SERIOUS ABOUT CONTESTING AND WINNING ELECTIONS IN 2023!
Please note that this five-month programme is not a full-time fellowship. Selected candidates may work full time through the program duration, except during the 1–week residential learning and engagement mission.
Please get the following documents ready, as you will be required to attach with your application.
- An updated CV.
- A letter of recommendation from a past or current political office holders. Letters should be written by someone who can attest to your professional abilities, character and suitability for this programme
For more information, visit ElectHER.