Intern – Laboratory Services at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) – 6 Openings
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern – Laboratory Services
Locations: Bayelsa (2), Edo (2), Lagos (2)
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will provide technical support in the implementation of high-quality laboratory services for the uptake of VL /EID services.
- S/he will provide direct bench support to strengthen the uptake of VL/ EID testing in the PCR lab, to ensure up-to-date reporting on testing and equipment functionality and Commodity availability and usage.
- S/He will assay patient samples for EID/viral load test and review test results before dispatch, compile and submit weekly throughput report for EID/viral load test done.
- Work with State Logistic Officer to perform inventory management of PCR laboratory commodities and timely reporting on LMIS to ensure adequate stock at sites.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- B.Sc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 1-3 years post national youth service experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to PCR lab.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
28th May 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview