Medical Activity Manager at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Activity Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
Start Date: May 11, 2021
- Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population.
- Supporting Gwange Paediatric activities and ensuring MSF protocols are adhered to, and analysing medical data pertaining to patients’ health conditions.
- Implementing a strong case management process and follow up system for the medical and nursing team, and leading case reviews
- Ensure a strong system of regular case reclassification between different wards leading to patient discharges based on constant monitoring of patient health improvement
- Ensuring efficient medication management in the hospital and rationalising their use.
- In coordination with the project biomedical service, supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs. Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the medical doctor team (rosters and leaves). Participating in shifts and replacing a doctor, if necessary
- Auditing administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual cards, registers, exits, discharges, transfers) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Participating in the annual planning and budget discussions. Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
- Education: Medical Doctor Degree essential; Tropical Medicine Degree desirable
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Medical Doctor and at least 1 year of management experience essential
- Paediatric and / or malnutrition experience in MSF is desirable
- Skills: MS Office (Excel, Word), Analytical ability
- Languages: English essential; Hausa and Kanuri or any other local language desirable.
- Monthly Gross salary of 681,039 (Six hundred and Eigthy One thousand, Thirty Nine) Naira per month, plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation