Senior Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Director, MEL
- The Senior Technical Officer (M&E), under the supervision of the Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will assist in the design, implementation and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities at national level and in different state and zonal offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the country office, state-level M&E staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Communicate with key counterparts at national level, especially from FMoH, NACA NASCP, NTBLCP and NMCP to facilitate the synergy and harmony between FHI 360 and GON M&E and NHMIS activities as link to Global Health initiative such as HIV and AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP/RH.
- Support the development of quality management system, including supporting appropriate data analysis and reporting.
- Produce high quality analysis products on a regular basis for the monitoring and evaluation of Global Health Initiatives.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project monitoring and evaluation in the sites is of international standard by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms and tools to ensure quality.
- Monitor and support the state M&E teams, assisting them in the performance of all their local M&E activities.
- Provide support to the sites in the states, including interacting with site Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that together with M&E officers and other key staff, they understand and can support USAID and GON requirements.
- Provide relevant technical guidance and assistance to state M&E Officers, other departments within the country office, to partner organizations and GON M&E counterparts.
- Build capacity of other project offices, national and local partners in the use of project monitoring and evaluation data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Develop, review and ensure the correct implementation of the national M&E plan and ensuring that M&E strategies are implemented according to plan.
- Develop and/or adapt, and monitor the use and inform necessary modifications to M&E tools; support timely and accurate data flow.
- Work with state offices and local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Contribute to the design and technical development of monitoring and evaluation initiatives at national and state level. Provide related capacity building support at zonal and state level.
- Help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all Global Health program interventions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities and provides technical assistance and training to the staff at the zonal offices responsible for data entry and management. Provide technical assistance to M&E officers of NACA/NASCP, SACA/SASCP, NTBLCP/STBLCP and NMCP/SMCP in integrating FHI360 data into the national HMIS.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or MPH or MS / MA in relevant Degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Knowledge of health, reproductive health or HIV/AIDS/STI/TB and Malaria programming in developing countries.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online