Clinical Supervisor at Society for Family Health (SFH) – 10 Openings
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant position, in response to our organizational growth:
Job Title: Clinical Supervisor
Requisition ID: sfh-97137
Locations: Abia, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Plateau, Oyo, Jigawa, Sokoto & Kebbi (1 position each)
Employment Type: Full Time
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (11 months)
- This position will be responsible for the management of Antiretroviral Therapy services through the provision of clinical services.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines (# of KPs on ART)
- Provide PrEP for eligible Key Populations in line with the national PrEP guidelines (# of KPs on PrEP)
- Supervises the cART team to ensure high quality ART service delivery in the community according to the current National guideline (# of outreaches conducted by cART team, # of KPs on ART by the cART team)
- Coordinate monthly review of OSS clinical operations and achievement using data generated from preceding month. (Report of monthly review meetings).
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a Medical Degree (MBBS, MBChB, or MBBCh) from a recognized institution
- Possession of an advanced degree/education in a Public Health, or HIV related field would be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the vision 95-95-95 UNAIDS strategy.
- Two years’ post NYSC experience in the direct provision of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) services according to National guideline, the use of VL result to monitor PLHIV treatment outcome in an integrated community health center setting according to national guideline.
- Familiarity with community and facility based HTS, treatment and retention strategies.
- Knowledge of current national and global HIV treatment standards and licensure requirements.
- Familiarity with Nigerian current National guidelines for HIV prevention, treatment, and care.
- Familiarity and Proficiency in the completion of all National patient management monitoring (PMM) tools during service provision.
- Proven ability to work in a team with people of different cultural, religious background, lifestyles, and sexual orientation.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook among other
- Must possess good data analysis, report writing, interpretation, and presentation skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills
- Patient counselling
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a good listener that is easy to talk to.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons resident in the States where the roles are situated are also encouraged to apply accordingly.