Data Analyst, Global Health Security (NPHCDA / NAFDAC) at the Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN)
The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Analyst, Global Health Security (Program Officer)
Location: NPHCDA / NAFDAC, Abuja
Scheduled Work Time: Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
Project: Adverse event following Immunization (AEFI) Surveillance
Reports To: The Project Manager AEFI Surveillance and Director SECURE-Nigeria project
Operational Contacts: NPHCDA NAFDAC, State Public Health Department, US-CDC Atlanta, US-CDC Nigeria and other stakeholders within the supported states
- The Strengthening Global Health Security Agenda in Nigeria (SECURE- NIGERIA) project with funding support from US-CDC, will support systematic implementation of COVID-19 AEFI surveillance.
- This project will establish/expand cascading structure for AEFI monitoring at the national, state and site level. In five states in Nigeria, this project will strengthen AEFI identification, reporting, investigation and causality assessment of AEFI (mild/severe).
- Working closely with NPHCDA/NAFDAC, this project will support safety monitoring for COVID-19 vaccines providing evidence for decision making at all levels.
- This position is responsible for the data analysis of SECURE-Nigeria’s project on Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI) Surveillance (and will work at NAFDAC).
- The Data Analyst will work closely with the NAFDAC surveillance team, Project Manager and Project Director to provide leadership in analyzing and interpreting AEFI data, The AEFI Surveillance Data Analyst will be responsible for managing AEFI central data base and AEFI reporting platforms.
- In collaboration with the relevant stakeholders (NAFDAC and NPHCDA), s/he is to support data analysis and management
- Provide technical support in data analysis from ongoing AEFI surveillance across all supported states and facilities.
- Support AEFI data repository at NAFDAC
- Ensure all incoming data from supported states are collected and accurately reported in a timely manner.
- Perform routine data quality checks, data gap analyses, and data backup.
- Prepare scheduled data reports as requested by relevant stakeholders.
- Train AEFI surveillance state teams on proper use of data collection/ reporting tools.
- Support the implementation of databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that would optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Conduct trend analysis of surveillance data.
- A University Degree (MD, MBBS, BMChB, BPh, DM, RN or B.Pharm, B.Sc in Health related fields) with at least two years’ experience managing large data sets. Experience in pharmacovigilance systems is an added advantage.
- An advanced degree MSc or MPH in epidemiology statistics, public health or related public health related fields
- Excellent proficiency in use of statistical (STATA, SAS, SPSS, and/or R) and Microsoft packages (particularly Excel and Access).
- Complex data analysis and visualization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to integrate into the team and manage interpersonal conflict and personality differences maturely.
- Experience managing a central database.
- Diplomatic and interpersonal skills with ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and communication (written and oral) skills.
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet applications.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: email@example.com
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not apply if you do not meet the essential requirements.