Archiving Officer at Maersk Line
Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Archiving Officer
Category: Administration / Facility Management
- Maersk is currently looking to hire a Archiving Officer to join our Team in Lagos.
- He/she will be responsible to plan and organize systems and procedures for the safekeeping of records and historically valuable documents.
- The holder of the position will manage and maintain collections of all types of documents and help to make them more accessible and available to a wide range of users.
- These users range from customer service, finance controllers and other APMM staff to external auditors or legal advisors.
- Manage our insurance portfolio.
- Provides reference services to internal and external audiences by providing access, interpreting finding aids, giving instruction on the proper handling of materials and providing knowledge of the records relevant to the individual researchers needs. May respond in person, by phone, email or other tools (communicator).
- Supports in the inventories of active and inactive record storage areas and coordinates scheduling of records disposition; recommends active and inactive records storage periods.
- Assists in preserving records by identifying endangered materials and level of conservation work needed; provides basic repair and preventive preservation for paper records.
- Maintains archival collections management information, including up-to-date shelf list inventory and transfer records.
- Maintains data in a database (to be developed), utilizing data for production of electronic finding aids.
- Assists in researching, developing and implementing long and short-range goals for the archives and records center, in coordination with the different internal departments (customer service/ finance/ Admin…).
- Supports in recommending and assists with implementation of records storage and indexing solutions; may develop databases and information access systems, as time allows.
- Requires judgment and initiative in planning, organizing, directing and performing the work of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate insurance cover, insurance policy monitoring, premium calculation /processing (for payment) and handling insurance claims.
- Relationship management with the Company’s insurance
Licenses and Tenancies:
- Ensure that Business Licenses, Maersk offices, and Maersk residential tenancies are all renewed as at when due.
- Performs other related work as required e.g. Corporate affairs related roles etc.
We are Looking For
- Bachelor Degree
- 4+ Years of experience with Digital / Physical archiving process.
- Experience with Insurance, Licenses and Tenancies Control.
Attitude for Excellence:
- Follow up and demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and a responsiveness which demonstrates a commitment to getting to the root of any problem.
Communication & Building Relationships:
- Ensure that all relevant information is communicated to the various stakeholders within the organization in a timely and professional manner.
- Seek feedback on performance to learn from past experiences, working together as a team to ensure all members reach their full potential.
- Take responsibility for understanding the wider business goals and seek to understand own role in achieving of them.
- Ensure the customer feels valued and listened to.
- Result Oriented.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Solutions mindset.
- Attention to detail.
- High degree of initiative, a self-starter.
- Comfortable building relationships.
- Being firm without creating undue conflict.
- At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world.
- We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers.
- This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
- Results orientation
- Improved commercial and leadership capabilities.
- Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing.
- Creating network within the global organization
- Understand market and customer drivers.
- Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
- Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Nigeria organization
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online