Nurse (Pulka) at Medecins Sans Frontieres – Spain
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Length of Contract: 6 months (Renewable)
Report to: Nurse Team Supervisor
Report to (functional) :Nurse Team Supervisor / NurseActivity Manager
Number of Places: 04
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
- Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
- Supervise and train nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Promote, implement and following-up the universal hygiene standards, protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene in MSF working environment.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures.
- Identify Sexually Gender-Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive necessary treatment.
- Ensure patients are properly received and that lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
- Monitor patients admissions, surveillance and follow-up’s.(i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency or deterioration.
- Carry out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert the supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Essential – recognized Nurse Degree / Diploma. Desirable Bachelor’s in science of Nursing
- Desirable – 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in MSF or another NGO’s Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- Essential – English. Hausa, Kanuri desirable.
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
According to the OCBA salary grid-scale (National contract)
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.