Order Processing Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Order Processing Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Length of Contract: 6 months
Report to: Logistics Manager
Report to (functional) : Logistics Manager
Job Family: Logistics and Supply
Number of Places: 01
Place of Assignment: Maiduguri
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Expected Start Date: 1st July, 2021
- Perform day to day order processing activities at coordination and project levels according to MSFprotocols and standards, in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/project
- Perform day to day activities and efficiently run administration processes of supply activities while adhering to all supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols.
- Constantly assessing local markets, seeking products and suppliers that offer best value for money and negotiating prices for MSFgoods and commodities.
- Regularly update the supplier-item-price data in Logistics data base
- Manage the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders)and managing cash advances
- Process all orders and requests and communicates regularly on their status
- Certify that proper order validation steps & processes are performed for each order coming from project bases as per the Nigeria Mission’ssupply Guideline.
- Ensures the database (lnx7) back-up is updated when due.
- Submit and ensure that all clearance documents for shipment of goods in the projects are validated on time
- Sends regularly Order monitoring to Pulka and Gwoza projects.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
- Essential: Secondary education; commerce related studies desirable
- Essential: Experience in Supply chain management (minimum 2 years)
- Desirable-Understanding of MSF Field Logistics (General knowledge of MSF equipment and kits in accordance to the nature of the project)
- Mission language essential; Hausa language desirable
- Computer literacy
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioral Flexibility L1
- Commitment.to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1Stress ManagementL2
As per the MSF salary scale (National Contract)
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply