Store Keeper at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Keeper
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Supply Activity Officer
Report to (functional):Supply Activity Officer
Job Family: Logistics and Supply
Number of Places: 01
Place of Assignment: Maiduguri
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Length of Contract: 6 months
Expected Start Date: July 01, 2021
- Under the supervision of supply officer, (s)he is responsible for all stores management and inventory control system in the warehouse. (S) he oversees the maintenance and management of areas of storerooms and warehouses. (S)he is also responsible for the logistics stock movements (reception and dispatch) and the supervision of handling staff (daily workers)
- Organizes and sets up the storage area (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Store items properly by family and specifications.
- Ensure items are properly organized and are correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and are easy to get to.
- Responsible for receiving materials delivered by suppliers, as well as by the capital supply team (Abuja).
- Responsible for receiving materials and assets coming back from projects (for repair, project closure), and inform the relevant person (to update the marmotta, to repair…)
- Collect and archive all documents linked to incoming goods with proper signatures.
- Set up and maintain a proper organization of the storage area according to family, storage procedures
- Carries out physical stock of all items and transmit stock inventory to the supply officer
- Assist the supply officer with preparation of the monthly stock report
- Prepare the goods for dispatch packaging and labeling according to information provided in the packing preparation document supplied by the supply officer.
- Ensure correct documentation of sent good (stock cards, waybills, packing lists, etc)
- Work jointly with security guards while fuelling the generators; and update immediately the fuel stock cards
- Desirable secondary education and warehouse management related studies
- Previous experience as storekeeper desirable
- English and Hausa mandatory
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
Application Closing date
21st June, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.