Account Officer at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria is a local non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in Nigeria. KNCV Nigeria is a local center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Vacancy Number: C016
Purpose of the Position
- The Finance Unit is responsible for the timely, complete, and accurate registration of transactions in the accounting system of KNCV Nigeria and related legal entities and for reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Furthermore, the Unit develops and supports the financial management system by operating an effective and efficient planning and control cycle, by designing and maintaining the administrative workflows and internal control procedures and by implementing and maintaining relevant IT applications.
- He/she will keep accurate, complete, and up-to-date office records for KNCV Nigeria, as well as to provide general support to at the central office in Abuja.
- Hierarchically, the account officer reports to the DAT Project Coordinator.
As an Account Officer you will:
- Check and assign codes to all financial documents.
- Enter all financial documents into the accounting system.
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system.
- Monitor all advance accounts and reports outstanding balances to Abuja office on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all project incurred expenses are timely paid, documented and filed.
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities.
- Maintain inventory list of all KNCV Nigeria Assets.
- Oversee procurement process of the DAT Project.
- Develop and maintains an effective professional relationship with KNCV’s Nigeria local banking institutions.
- Ensure compliance with all US Government (USG) and KNCV Nigeria financial management and accounting policies and regulations.
- Engage in financial and related tasks as required by the Project Coordinator DAT Project
- Ensure adherence to all major financial rules and regulations which are described in the KNCV Finance Manual and other appropriate policies.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned by management in relation with project implementation and daily management of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management).
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in finance management, accounting and working in a project setting.
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in USG supported projects.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software systems.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Excellent Excel skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc)
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid, and open.
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences.
What Do We Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date
28th June 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references which must be indicated on your CV and can be submitted via email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.
- For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255.