Finance Officer – Nigeria IHP (Consultant for COVID-19) at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer – Nigeria IHP – Consultant for COVID-19
Ref No: req11490
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels.
- Through agreements with individual states, the program’s potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north. This work is being extended to support for COVID-19 pandemic control in the relevant states.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Finance Officer (Consultant for COVID-19) will report to and support the Finance Manager in Budget, Accounting and Financial Management functions.
- This position will be based in the Abuja Central Office but provide support for COVID related work in the State Offices which are in Bauchi, Ebonyi, FCT, Kebbi and Sokoto.
- Ensures all finances are managed in alignment with the Nigerian government regulations, company and client’s financial policies and procedures.
- Support the Finance manager: to prepare, review and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts.
- Forecast project expenditures through field office, timely submit field cash requests and manage cash flows in field office.
- Communicate and follow up with relevant suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors and staff with regards to invoices, payments, advances or finances.
- Prepare Payment Approval Forms (vouchers) for all related payments.
- Reconcile and review invoices for payments.
- Upload approved payments into the online payment platforms.
- Ensure applicable tax withholding and deductions are taken care of as per the Nigerian laws and regulations on all payments.
- Maintain up to date bank and petty cash account transaction records and supporting documentations.
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided by HQ, accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to Abuja Central Office as required.
- Collect bank statements for the bank accounts, review cash book, and reconcile the accounts.
- Support the Finance Manager to prepare, review monthly financial reports and inform/update expenditure forecast/budget on regular basis.
- Support the State Office to prepare for periodic Financial audits as may be required.
- Work closely with the Operations Officer for daily tasks and project management.
- Grants Management Support.
- Review recipients’ finance vouchers.
- Process recipients’invoices and payments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Senior Finance Manager.
- University graduate in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in broader finance, accounts and operations management with an international organization and
- USG contracts experience preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- High level of computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel is a requirement)
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player;
- Results oriented and attention to detail;
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online