Project Coordinator at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria is a local non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in Nigeria. KNCV Nigeria is a local center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Vacancy Number: C014
- The Digital Adherence Technologies (DATs) project is funded by Stop TB Partnership and focuses on using digital tools to support patients with TB treatment and improve treatment outcomes.
- DATs are tools designed to assist people TB patients on treatment to take their medications at a place and time convenient to them while remaining connected to their health care provider. Also, it helps to facilitate the identification of high-risk patients who may need additional in-person support.
- KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria will be implementing Digital Adherence Technologies (DATs) in 8 states of Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Benue, Imo, Nasarawa, Kano, Katsina, and Rivers to promote adherence to TB treatment and ensure person-centred care for TB patients in Nigeria.
Purpose of the Position
- The Project Coordinator will work with and coordinate the implementation of TB Digital Adherence Technology (DAT) in Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Benue, Imo, Nasarawa, Kano, Katsina & Rivers state to deliver on key project objectives. He/she will ensure the implementation of DAT project in the 8 states including monitoring progress against planned activities.
- Hierarchically, the Project Coordinator reports to the Director of Strategic Information.
As a Project Coordinator you will:
- Coordinate the implementation of the DAT grant in the focused State.
- Lead efforts in operational plan development, project implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead efforts in the engagement of key state level stakeholders, state TB programs, Ministry of health and Local government on the implementation of the DAT activities
- Work with the DAT technical partners and establish a project management platforms project planning, review and monitoring of progress.
- Provide technical assistance on rapid assessments, situational analysis, evaluations and other related activities with focus on DAT focused States.
- Provide technical guidance on training and capacity building in the focused states in the implementation of DAT project.
- With the assistance of country office staff, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet administrative, financial and programmatic goals.
- Conduct supervision to designated DAT project focused states/LGA’s.
- Provide technical assistance to NTP.
- Provide technical support and oversight to State staff on implementing key intervention areas of DAT project in designated states/LGA.
- Convene coordination platforms to support collaboration between DAT project and USAID TB LON regions 1 and 2 support for State and LGA TB Control Programs.
- Monitor & supervise the implementation of project activities in the designated state/LGAs.
- Support rigorous monitoring and a strong focus on evaluation system to track the progress of all activities and outputs.
- Organize and report monthly on the implementation of the project in the states.
- Perform other additional duties assigned.
- Minimum of MPH or Master’s Degree in other relevant Public Health disciplines.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience working with: TB & HIV program at various levels.
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage.
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation, and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible, and engaging manner.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- A team leader who is results-oriented and can motivate staff.
- Able to delegate tasks.
- Able to communicate within the organization and the partnership network.
- Planning and organizing.
- Culturally sensitive
What Do We Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date
28th June 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references which must be indicated on your CV and can be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.
- For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255.