Field Procurement and Contract Management Specialist at Chemonics International
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Procurement and Contract Management Specialist (Embedded Consultant) – (TO 2 / TO 3/TO 4)
Classification: STTA (Local)
Level of Effort /Fixed term contract: 40 days
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program and USAID’s Maternal Newborn and Child Health Program.
- The Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- GHSC-PSM works to support the USAID’s Health Population and Nutrition Office’s work in malaria, family planning, maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) interventions by increasing access to quality, lifesaving malaria, family planning, MNCH commodities thereby saving lives and improving the health of women, children, and newborns.
- The GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance to drug management agencies and/or logistics management coordinating Units (LMCU) that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain including procurement and contract management systems in selected states in line with the National Supply Chain Strategic Plan 2021-2025.
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Consultant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc.
- The objective of this billable short-term assignment as Field Procurement and Contract Management Specialist (Embedded Consultant) is to strengthen procurement and contract management capacity of selected state Drug and Medical Consumable Management Agencies (DMCMA), in the engagement of third-party operators and third-party logistics partners (3PLs) to manage state warehouse infrastructure and operations as well as last mile distribution of health products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
System set-up / strengthening:
- Work collaboratively with the states to evaluate the procurement and contract management structure of the DMCMA in focus state to understand their peculiarities and gaps.
- Support the development of context specific procurement and contract management capacity building plans to facilitate the engagement of third-party warehouse operators and 3PLs.
- Provide logistical and technical support to a third-party procurement and contract management training consultant.
- Provide targeted mentoring and coaching (handholding) technical assistance for continuous improvements in procurement and contract management processes in supported states.
- Evaluate changes in DMCMA procurement and capacity by using standard indicators.
Support for procurement and contract processes:
- Provide technical assistance to the state DMCMA procurement unit and DRF procurement sub-committee for state led competitive bid events (i.e., Request for Proposal, Request for Quote, Request for Information, etc.)
- Support the state DMCMA procurement unit and DRF procurement sub-committee in negotiating commercial terms and facilitating contracting processes (award etc) with potential sub-contractors.
- Provide guidance on the management of warehousing and 3PL contracts.
- Identifying opportunities to transform and update the state DMCMA’s procurement organization and policies.
Reporting and documentation:
- Develop a comprehensive narrative report on all deliverables, Slide deck and soft copies of both final and modifiable versions of all reviewed and developed documents after every training.
The following deliverables and schedule are due of the Consultant.
Deliverable Name – Due Date
- Inception report and draft implementation plan – 3rd business days from start date
- Bi-weekly progress reports – Every other Thursday during period of engagement
- Facilitate the development of procurement and contract management capacity building and institutional strengthening plans – 20th business day from start
- Facilitate and provide logistical support during capacity building events and learning activities for continuous organizational development including supply chain operations and leadership trainings – 30th business day from start
- Facilitate the engagement of 3PLs to support last mile delivery (LMD) in supported states – 45th business day from start
- Develop a comprehensive narrative report on all deliverables, learning products, Slide Deck as required, and soft copies of both final and modifiable versions of all reviewed and developed documents after every training – 45th business day from start date
The Consultant shall deliver to USAID GHSC-PSM the following deliverables, in accordance with the schedule set forth in the table above.
Deliverable No. 1: Inception report and draft implementation plan:
- Deliverable 1 is a Microsoft Word narrative and accompanying Excel Gantt chart that provides an updated and detailed description and chronology of activities required to complete the scope of work. The narrative should 2- 3 pages maximum with an accompanying GANTT chart.
- The activity plan should reflect the preparation work conducted as outlined above.
Deliverable No. 2 – Bi-Weekly Activity Report:
- Bi-weekly outputs of the activities as defined in the approved implementation plan will be submitted every other Thursday during the contract period.
- The report must be a one-to-two pager in Word format and include any relevant slides, graphics, illustrations and/or diagrams outlining weekly achievements and next steps.
Deliverable No. 3: Facilitate the development of procurement and contract management capacity building and institutional strengthening plans:
- This deliverable consists of a word document and PowerPoint slides will summarize key findings of previous organizational assessments and highlight the linkage to the capacity building plans (CBP), and an action plan to address the gaps.
- It will also detail the roles and responsibilities of government entities, how GHSC-PSM will assist in building capacity and what the expected outcomes of capacity building activities are.
Deliverable No. 4: Facilitate and provide logistical support during capacity building events and learning activities for continuous organizational development including supply chain operations:
- This deliverable is a Microsoft Word document and PowerPoint slide deck detailing all capacity building activities provided to the DMCMAs and related agencies according to the activities listed in the CBP.
- The capacity building events will be delivered through a range of interconnected engagement mechanisms including, but not limited to, training workshops, mentoring, and peer sharing and learning. The document will include photographs, illustrations, charts and related details (participant details, dates and venue and materials etc).
Deliverable No. 5: Facilitate the engagement of 3PLs to support last mile delivery (LMD) in supported states:
- This deliverable is a Microsoft Word document and PowerPoint slide deck outlining the processes undertaken by each target state to engage 3PLs to support at least one last mile delivery. It may also include details on supplier management.
- The document will align with the procurement and contract management CBP developed by each state.
Deliverable No. 6: Comprehensive Narrative Report on all deliverables, Slide Deck, and soft copies of both Final and Modifiable versions of all reviewed and developed documents:
- Deliverable 2 comprises a comprehensive narrative Microsoft word report with supporting pictures, summary Power-point slide deck and soft copies of final and modifiable versions of all reviewed and developed documents.
- The Comprehensive Narrative Report should comprise an executive summary, a background / introductory section, methodology / process section describing activities carried out, a section on findings / outcomes, recommendations, stakeholder engagements, feedback incorporation, challenges, and conclusion. The slide deck should be approximately 10-15 slides in length.
Final payment will be contingent upon formal acceptance and the submission of all work product accomplished under the planned contract.
- University Degree in Public Administration, Accounting, Pharmacy, or other relevant fields.
- Advanced certification in procurement and contract management
- Advanced course or certification in supply chain management is a plus.
- Five (5) years’ experience directly supporting procurement and contract management.
- Previous experience working with government of Nigeria stakeholders in target states is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good project management skills
- Attention to detail, strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- Good attitude and work ethic
- Fluency in English is required and Hausa an added advantage.
- The Field Procurement and Contract Management STTA (Embedded Consultant) will receive technical oversight from the Lead Procurement and Contract Management STTA report operationally to GHSC-PSM Director Procurement and Sub-contracts or designee during the activity.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online