Accountability Officer at INTERSOS Nigeria (Adamawa, Zamfara)
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Officer
Locations: Adamawa, and Zamfara
Career Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
General-purpose of the Position
- The role ensures INTERSOS maintains high standards of accountability to beneficiaries and other stakeholders in line with INTERSOS and international humanitarian standards.
- The role supports the establishment, strengthening and management of the INTERSOS Nigeria mission’s accountability framework and systems for efficiency, transparency and quality program implementation.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Under guidance, establishes and implements an effective accountability framework that supports upward and downward accountability of INTERSOS programming in all locations.
- Establishes and strengthens a complaint, feedback and response mechanism (CRFM) in each location on the highest levels of integrity, which beneficiaries will trust, and ensure that they can make confidential complaints.
- Coordinates all accountability issues as they arise across INTERSOS Nigeria projects implementation.
- Monitoring and evaluating of complaints received and initiating a response (follow-up) process through developing and maintaining a tracking mechanism.
- Regularly updates the CRFM database and provides timely updates to project staff based on the nature of the feedback.
- Ensures that feedback is recorded, reviewed and responded to in a timely manner and in line with feedback mechanism guidelines.
- Acts as the point of reference for beneficiaries, staff and stakeholders’ complaints.
- Ensures quality documentation, communication, reporting and visibility of INTERSOS and donors.
- Analyses patterns and trends of complaints received to help improve programming.
- Generates periodic reports and ensures the reports are shared with project teams and the MEAL department.
- Conducts periodic field visits to ensure that accountability systems are in place and the necessary support is provided as needed at the field level.
- Reviews accountability systems periodically and update any changes if deemed necessary in consultation with the Program Coordinator, MEAL Manager and PMs.
- Supports in compiling of monthly, mid-term and final reports as to donor requirements.
- Participates in internal and external meetings related to humanitarian accountability.
- Leads in developing a responsive, functional and appropriate feedbacking mechanism that can improve current project implementation and guide future programming.
- Ensures proper documentation of all reports, success stories and all relevant project files using both physical documentation methods and electronic database as necessary.
- Facilitates adherence to all donor requirements in project implementation, including compliance in visibility display, reporting and success stories documenting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- The candidate should possess a degree in social science, international development, law, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years in humanitarian and/or development context Working with (I)NGOs and with local communities.
- Excellent communication, writing and IT skills.
- Excellent skills in organization and information dissemination.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic Vision.
- Service Orientation.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices.
- Languages: Fluency in English and Hausa.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Attach CV with the format “Surname and the Position you applied for”.
- Only candidates whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.