Child Protection and Information Management System (CPIMS) Officer (Maternity Cover) at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Child Protection and Information Management System (CPIMS) Officer (Maternity Cover)
Job Reference: 21000577
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Reports to: Case Management Coordinator
Reporting to: Child Protection Information Management System Assistant
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- The post-holder will support the role out of the IA CP IMS for individual case management through efficient and accurate data entry at national level and through support, training and capacity-building of Data Entry Clerks, social workers and other Case management actors / users in all field locations.
- The post holder will be supporting the CPIMS Manager and CP Advisor the focal point for managing the flow, organisation and analysis of individual cases and will produce monthly, disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress on separation work
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Manage the national level CPIMS use the database to ensure the information flow for verification, referrals, case transfers and reunification between handling agency and focal point agency
- Monitor adherence to procedure on individual cases and ensure that roles and responsibilities are upheld.
- Train and mentor the data analyst to be able to undertake similar responsibilities.
- Train data entry clerks on the CPIMS and how to make the entries.
- With the support of the CP Manager and the officers, train the Data Entry Clerks and case workers on the use of CPIMS, and filling of the case management paper forms.
- Support the field teams on the use of the database, registration equipment, data backups and data screening.
- Support the day to day entries, exports and back up from the SCI Data Entry Clerks based in Gombe, and Borno.
- Provide technical support to the Case management/ CPIMS taskforce members on the implementation of the CPIMS in their respective areas of operation.
- Support with trouble shooting on the challenges that the data clerks will be facing on the implementation of the CPIMS.
- Organise monthly meetings with the CPIMS taskforce and steer discussions on progress, challenges, areas of support.
- Support CP Advisor to create synergies between the CPIMS and the case management task force so as to discuss the trends and analysis.
- Work with CPIE Advisor to review Data protection and information sharing protocols for Nigeria
- Collect, review and screen all data or reports from the field CP data clerks before submitting to the CPiE Advisor, other CP staff and before sharing it with national level partners.
- Produce weekly and monthly, disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress on case management work based on agreed template for stakeholders and SCI internally. Periodically run the trends and analysis from the CP IMS.
- Ensure data is synchronised from state level offices to the main database in Abuja through coordination with the coordinator, officers and data entry personnel in each state.
- Ensure regular back-end from data clerks is imported to the CP IMS.
- Track individual cases that have outstanding/overdue actions and work closely with the CP teams to ensure progress on these cases (with implementing partners and SCI)
- Ensure that good practice is followed in managing and storage of information with respect for Do No Harm principles and confidentiality and adherence to the information sharing protocol especially within SCI.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children in accordance the Child Protection Policy.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of first Degree / HND from a recognized institution in IT or other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years post NYSC working experience in IT / data management field with an international NGO or other globally recognized institution.
- Minimum of one year experience of working with CPIMS
- Previous experience in data management, previous experience of data management / information management systems in child protection programming preferred.
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff and ministry
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Excel (fundamental) and database software
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English Excellent team player
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to plan well, set own targets and meet them
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Commitment to Save the Children policies
- Be both self-reliant and have the ability to lead and co-operate with others.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.