Head of Skilled Labourer – (CTC/CTU) at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Switzerland
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Skilled Labourer – (CTC/CTU)
Location: Toro, Bauchi
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervising a group of skilled workers, ensuring proper planning and administrative follow up, monitoring the quality of the work and performing hands on tasks as part of the team, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure smooth functioning of the mission
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility, passing on management directives, adapting the number of workers per team according to the work and needs. If relevant and with approval of the line manager, recruiting daily workers according to the needs. Managing daily workers, applying same criteria as managing unskilled workers
- Monitoring the quality of work of his team, checking that the instructions guidelines to be used by the workers are systematically followed and applied and that the tasks are completed in a given period of time. Asking the work to be redone and giving a helping hand, if necessary
- Responsible for the planning and administrative follow up, filling in and following the schedules according to activities and needs and the daily worker forms and handing them over to the line manager. Paying daily worker teams, depending on the circumstances and informing the line manager of any HR problems
- Responsible for the tools and equipment placed at his disposal, carrying out its monthly inventory with the workers and ensuring its replacement when needed
- Reporting to the Logistics Manager about the progress of the work and eventual incidents
- Performing hands on tasks as part of the team
- Essential Diploma in related field and formal technical training.
- Minimum two years of experience as a skilled worker in this field
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Complete CV with copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV, Updated contact details and ID & Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Send the hard copy of their CV in envelopes addressed as “Head of Skilled Labourer CTU” to:
Abubakar Tafawabalewa University Teaching Hospital,
Behind ICU Cholera Center
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applications must be in English.