Laboratory Personnel at Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB)
Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is looking for qualified persons to fill up the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Personnel
- Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to L under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme in 20 LGAs of Lagos state (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, Ikorodu Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process samples for TB screening using multiple techniques.
- Provides support and back up to the laboratory staff in the assigned facility among other roles.
- Report weekly and monthly using the summary form to the laboratory Focal Personnel and DFB.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT), while a higher qualification Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Must be licensed personnel with the Association of Medical Laboratory Council with current practicing license.
- At least 2-year cognate working experience on the bench.
- Must have knowledge of AFB smear microscopy and GeneXpert experience.
- Previous experience in a related role will also be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethics.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer literacy with knowledge in Microsoft office package.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Not more than 45 years.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to manage and prioritize workload.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team player.
- Time management skills.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.