Operations Manager, APIN Medical Lab & Diagnostics at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited / Gte
APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager, APIN Medical Lab & Diagnostics
Ref No: api-26425
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Department: Laboratory Services
Reports to: The General Manager (GM)
- The Operations Manager (OM) will liaise and work with the GM to achieve the smooth startup of the company and manage the general laboratory facilities, and lab equipment, and maintenance of assets.
- S/He will support in extensive interactions with internal and external stakeholders and clients, be involved in the training of personnel, render period reports, develop budget, negotiations, and risk management.
- S/He will contribute knowledge and experience in protocol development and manage the general laboratory to ensure that staff operate to the desired high standard.
- S/He will ensure the smooth running of the laboratory by updating and maintaining laboratory documentation (such as SOPs, manuals, policies and risk assessments, etc) and management of laboratory health and safety measures.
- The OM will oversee the overall use of the laboratory to ensure that all laboratory users comply with systems of good practice, developing operations quality and ensuring staff compliance for efficient performance; and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Develops and maintains an efficient working relationship with all internal/external stakeholders to ensure efficient services delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or its equivalent. Relevant higher qualification eg Master’s degree in medical microbiology or related field is also required.
- Must have a minimum of 8 – 10 years experience in managing a private laboratory services.
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and comprehensive record-keeping ensuring meticulous attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Must possess high integrity, good communication, and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online