United Nations Economic Commission for Africa Business, Idea & Startup Grant 2021 (Up to $25,000)
Applications are open for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa Business, Idea and Startup Grant 2021. The UNECA BIS Grant awards $25,000 to Africans with innovative ideas, brilliant startups and growing businesses.
Whether it’s just an idea or an established business, the program is structured to assist you access funds. B.I.S Grant aims to empower Africans to thrive in a daunting economy by equipping them with financing, training and mentorship.
- 5,000 participants would be selected to receive a grant of $25,000 in cash and $10,000 in training.
- Applicant must be above the age of 16 years and below 65 years.
- Applicant must be a bona fide citizen of an African country.
- Applicant must have at least completed secondary or high school education.
- Applicant must have a close-by device to initiate a video conferencing call.
Criteria used in evaluating applications and awarding grants include:
- Financials: How the grant funds would really contribute to the growth of your idea, startup or business.
- Integrity: Your application should be filled with accurate information as UNECA often verifies applicant claims.
- Team: Explain why you or your team (if any) is best equipped to execute your idea, startup or business.
- Broader Impact: During the interview, share how the grant funds would impact your society at large.
The process to acquire the grant is categorised into three stages:
- Application Stage: Firstly, applicants shall apply via the online form below. Within 4-5 working days, an applicant should receive a positive or negative feedback from the assessment team.
- Interview Stage: Applicants who receive positive feedbacks shall have a virtual interview with a United Nations assessment representative. Within 48-72 hours, the interview result should be disclosed.
- Verification Stage: Finalist shall go through a process of thorough verification before any disbursement can be initiated.
Deadline: September 24, 2021
For more information, visit BIS Grant.