Young Health Program Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2022 (Fully-funded to Tokyo, Japan)
Applications are open for the Young Health Program Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2022. The Scholarship aims to identify and empower young leaders who are tackling the burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) through advocacy, innovation and the delivery of primary health services.
Since 2016 the program has enabled more than 100 young leaders to join the One Young World Community and participate in the annual One Young World Summit. YHP Scholars are social entrepreneurs, educators, activists, volunteers, health professionals, executives, investors, mentors and much more working in areas as diverse as mental health, primary healthcare, sexual and reproductive health, emergency response, primary and secondary prevention, education and digital platforms.
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan which takes place from May 23 – 26, 2022.
- Participation in an exclusive YHP pre and post Summit program.
- Hotel accommodation in Tokyo from May 21 – 26, 2022.
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days)
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Discretionary funds to cover reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with getting to and from the Summit. Reimbursement for these can be claimed by Scholars after the Summit.
- Applicants should be between ages 18 – 30;
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship;
- Applicants must demonstrate positive impact related to tackling NCDs.
One Young World will evaluate applications according to the following criteria:
- Evidenced commitment to addressing health and wellbeing in a local, national or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and/or social determinants of health programming.
- Leadership ability in championing and galvanising stakeholders around their chosen cause or issue.
- A capacity for innovation and problem solving that is entrepreneurial and values-driven.
- Concern for local and global issues.
- Experience of working towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration.
A shortlist of candidates identified by One Young World will advance to an assessment process conducted by the YHP. The YHP will select 12 scholarship recipients.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Deadline: October 14, 2021
For more information, visit One Young World.