Akademie Schloss Solitude Fellowship Program 2022-2023 (€1,200 grant)
Applications are open for the Akademie Schloss Solitude Fellowship Program 2022-2023. Akademie Schloss Solitude supports young artists, scientists, as well as cultural and economic professionals through residential fellowships. A residential fellowship means that you will oblige yourself to live and work at Akademie Schloss Solitude for a time span of six to twelve months.
Since its founding in 1990, more than 1,400 fellows from more than 120 countries have resided at the Akademie to realize and refine their projects. They constitute an important global and transdisciplinary network for the international art scene that is growing consistently. It is a central understanding of the Akademie Schloss Solitude’s self-image that fellows from all areas can research and be creative without the pressure of everyday life or constant presentation. At the same time, the Akademie offers the chance to communicate projects to the public. Next to countless events, the digital representation of the Akademie including the Solitude Blog provides international visibility for fellows and space for new digital projects.
International artists are invited to apply from the following spheres of practice: VISUAL (visual arts and media), AURAL & PHYSICAL (music and performing arts), DIGITAL (digital art, gaming, digital journalism, digital publishing), SPATIAL (architecture and design), TEXTUAL (literature and language), SOCIETAL (education, mediation, theory), SCIENTIFIC (humanities, social, natural and economic sciences).
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating.
- A monthly fellowship grant of €1,200.
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).
The Akademie also offers optional additional benefits which are adjustable in accordance with the current budget situation:
- Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials, tools, instruments and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow’s home town.
- Project funding and one-off materials subsidy.
- Health insurance in the case of non-EU fellowship candidates.
- Open to international artists, scientists, and cultural professionals are
- The candidates should not be older than 40.
- Applications from students enrolled in degree programs will not be considered. PhD students are welcome to apply.
- Applications of artist groups are possible.
- The main language is English.
The application round starts on September 1, 2021, and ends on November 30, 2021. During this time you will have to complete and hand in your application.
Deadline: November 30, 2021
For more information, visit Akademie Schloss Solitude.