Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) Project Farmitude 2021 for Lagos-based Agripreneurs
Applications are open for the Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) Project Farmitude 2021. The project is aimed at empowering youths in the Ikorodu Local government area of Lagos with the knowledge, skills and resources required to start small scale crop production businesses while maximizing the value chain.
Project FARMTITUDE provides selected youth with the knowledge, skills, tools, and network to start and build sustainable and scalable crop-based agricultural enterprises. These participants will work in groups, have access to demonstration farms, provided with start up kits and be exposed to a range of partners within the agriculture value chain.
At the end of this project, participants would be supported to develop business plans, register their businesses, equipped with basic business and farm kits, connected to market, and seed fund would be provided to outstanding youth.
- Seed fund to start a small-scale agricultural enterprise
- Business and Farm tool kits
- Personal and Business Leadership Training
- Hands-on farm practice
- Access to online agricultural marketplace
- Coaching and mentoring from industry experts
- Partnerships and Networking
- Either running a farm business or have access to a space to start one;
- Between the age of 18 – 30 years (Women and people with disabilities are strongly advised to register);
- Residing in Ikorodu LGA of Lagos or consider the location very accessible;
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- A demonstrated knowledge and passion in starting a business within the agricultural sector
- Ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others
- Proven record in leadership and/or civic engagement
- Strong communication skills
The deadline for application is September 30, 2021. To reach out to the Farmtitude team, send an email to email@example.com.
Deadline: September 30, 2021
For more information, visit Project Farmtitude.