Manager, Global Marketing Procurement: ESP at the Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Global Marketing Procurement: ESP
Requisition ID: R – 63036
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Manager Global Marketing Procurement ESP manages strategic sourcing initiatives for TCCC as part of the Global Marketing Procurement Organisation and is responsible for delivery within Africa OU. The role works closely with the marketing and IMX organisations at OU levels and supports within the global IMX teams
- The role ensures we have best ‘fit for purpose’ partners to support our marketing needs and global vision of simplifying and scaling , with outstanding contracts to ensure the ongoing management, optimisation and success of the partnerships. It is a key frontline role requiring highly engaged, active and high energy marketing procurement talent.
- The role reports to the Senior Director Global Marketing Procurement ESP with strong day to day working partnership to OU procurement leader
- This role is responsible for their OU footprint, It is a strong frontline role and requires active participation or ownership of charters and co-ordination with many stakeholders.
- The location of the positions and whether relocation benefits are provided will be discussed at the time of offer. In instances where relocation is provided, current mobility policies will apply.
- All policies are subject to amendment, revision, or discontinuance at the sole discretion of the Company.
- Remit is Africa OU as part of a global team
- Execution of global strategy and recommending strategies and plans with direct impact on results
- Operates with broad latitude in a complex environment, be a subject matter expert within the organization & manage large projects or processes.
- Coaches lower-level professionals in skills, delegates work to them and reviews it
- Support on ME&E workstream and performance results
- Represent the function of marketing procurement internally and externally to support a progressive, modern and dynamic approach to business.
Innovation & Complexity:
- Responsible for making improvements of processes, systems or products to optimize performance
- Solve problems by identifying the root cause and modifying solutions applied to similar
- Able to work well across multifunctions and as part of a global team
- Competent and comfortable with data and able to represent this in a way that is clearly understood in the business and drives action
- Able to manage many active projects and prioritize needs
Communication & Influence:
- Requires ability to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures and practices
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function
- Frequently required to communicate with parties external to the organization
- Requires ability to communicate with marketers easily
- Will be required to partner with other OU’s subject matter experts to adopt standards and ways of working for the team.
- Able to work across functions and teams supporting one TCCC supporting the bigger picture at all times
- Act Like an owner & own the delivery of results and collaborate well with others to achieve end goals.
- Open minded and looking to continuously learn and adapt
- Able to constructively challenge and build trusted relationships
- Positive mindset, curious, hungry to learn and grow and develop Self & Others.
- Able to work at pace and manage several projects simultaneously
- Able to manage workload independently.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 9+ years of work experience in a commercial marketing or procurement or relevant related field;
- Knowledge of technical aspects of marketing is highly preferred.
- The candidate will have significant procurement experience across events, activation or shopper at manager level or responsibility for similar activities in an agency or advertiser environment.
- Deep insight into how ESP industry works and strong knowledge of the field and key players.
- Experience of working closely with marketing teams, partnering to deliver outstanding value driven results
- Strong commercial, relationship building, negotiation and procurement knowledge:
- Able to adhere to clear working processes, scopes of work ensuring perfect delivery
- Able to understand financial models and translate business requirements into implementation plans.
- Able to work as part of a virtual global team to collaborate across geographic and organizational boundaries to deliver better business results and share best practices
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies to ensure that formal supplier agreements activate the elements of the sourcing strategy and support performance standards.
- Ability to use data and apply robust analytics to model various business scenarios and analyze resulting cost, impact, risks, and benefits to inform and recommend business solutions.
- Knowledge of the category and industry to ensure effective procurement solutions.
- Able to read, edit and interpret contractual documentation and manage contract performance.
- Max 20%
- Analytical Techniques, APICS Certification, Communication, Contracts, Corporate Purchasing, Cost Analysis, Customer Service, Database Management, Food And Beverage (F&B), Global SAP, Logility, Manufacturing Process Controls, Materials Resource Planning, Mathematics, Microsoft Office, Negotiation, Procurements.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online