Supply Chain Logistics Officer (Fleet and Maintenance) at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Logistics Officer (Fleet and Maintenance)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Supervised by: Supply Chain Team Leader – Logistics
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader – Logistics
Area of Operation: Nigeria
Employment Period: 2 months with possibility of extension
Type of Contract (Expat/National/Trainee): National
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and the Danish Demining Group (DDG), has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria is the largest DRC country mission in the West Africa region and one of the largest DRC country missions globally. Currently, DRC delivers life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including internally displaced persons, returnees and host communities in the areas of armed violence reduction, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in northeast Nigeria.
- DRC seeks the services of a committed and competent Supply Chain Logistics Officer (Fleet and Maintenance) to join the Maiduguri team who will report to the Logistics Team Lead (Maiduguri & Yobe). The overall purpose of the role is to assist and enhance the activities of the Logistics team primarily in the area of Fleet/Vehicles, Generator and Facility management.
- Maintenance, reporting and monitoring via a number of tools (MS Dynamics, G-Suite etc.) to ensure the most efficient use of all resources is crucial.
- Due consideration must also be given to working in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of fleet & transportation documentation (log book, job/maintenance card, fuel voucher properly etc.) as detailed in the operational handbook
- Provide periodical reports on fuel, maintenance and vehicle condition when due
- Ensure good working conditions of owned and hired vehicle fleet
- Plan, organize and manage the work of drivers to ensure work is accomplished
- Oversee proper use of fuel cards/rations; maintain log and account for fuel and oil storage tanks
- Obtain and maintain vehicle licensing, registrations and permits up to date
- Carry out routine inspection of all vehicles in the fleet using the approved checklist and archiving same
- Follow up and monitor the application of fleet procedures on sub bases
- UNHAS booking coordination (chopper and fixed wing alike)
Facility, utility and maintenance:
- Receive and treat requests from staff at both office and guest houses and resolve to closure
- Track/report and study all requests to advise on the best way forward
- Track all expenses and provide periodical reports
- Maintain, monitor and report on all generators, vehicles, alternative energy and other machinery
- Ensure proper energy management across all locations is achieved
- Monitor generator use, reporting, fuel and maintenance
Support other logistics related operations as may be delegated time to time:
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- The responsibilities listed in the Job Description are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of University Degree in Economics, Finance / Accounting or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years of international practical experience in financial management
- Proven experience in managing large budgets.
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training.
- Ability to prepare basic training modules on Dynamics, accounting, and finance management.
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS Office, Internet) and an advanced proficiency in Excel are required.
- Proficiency (written and spoken of the English language.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels.
- Proven significant financial management experience.
Required Skills & Qualities
- At least 2 years’ experience in logistics, especially fleet management.
- Driving license
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Professional fluency in English and Hausa
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Administration, Business, IT, Engineering or other relevant fields
- Certifications in Logistics, Fleet and relevant areas in Supply Chain Management
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management.
- Experience working with electronic vehicle tracking platforms
- Basic to intermediate experience with DIY domestic repairs, auto mechanics and or electrical installations/repairs.
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Availability: Latest 15. Oct.2021
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Salary & Benefits
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The position is for Nigerian DRC Nationals Staff Only.