Conflict Resolution Specialist at the American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Conflict Resolution Specialist
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Report to (Supervisor): Project Director
Supervises: Program Officers
- This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The Conflict Resolution Specialist will lead in creating a mechanism where issues involving conflict can be addressed through means of conflict resolution.
- Coordinate and schedule conflict resolution sessions with beneficiaries and oversee various aspects of conflict resolution.
- Conduct resolution/management training to Supervisors and Program teams in order to increase their awareness and knowledge of conflict management programming.
- Conduct conflict consultations with various stakeholders to determine which are appropriate for effective conflict management and resolution.
- Produce brochures and other materials on conflict resolution as per approved guidelines.
- Conduct data collection on internal disputes between target beneficiaries and submit the period report to the Project Director.
- Any other duties may be assigned by the Project Director.
- Master’s Degree or B.Sc in Conflict Resolution, Development Studies, Economics, Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years mediation work experience
- Excellent People Management skills.
- Proven experience delivering conflict programs in the North East.
- High level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages).
- Fluent in Local Hausa languages and English.
- High level of report writing skills (Desirable).
- Previous knowledge of INGO experience (Preferable)
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their resumes, cover letters, and references on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: email@example.com using the position being applied for as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.