Finance Officer at the American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Finance & Admin
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Report to (Supervisor): Project Director
- The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a Finance Officer. This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The Finance Officer will manage project financial processes and procedures. H/she will be responsible for the management of cash and cash transactions for the Project and liaising with the bank on general financial transactions of the Project.
- Managing petty cash transactions;
- Disbursing of funds to all participants during workshops;
- Handling of cash payments to all vendors/Staff
- Preparation of petty cash update and reports;
- Weekly cash reconciliation and replenishment;
- Scanning and filing financial documents into a database and maintaining hard copies filling;
- Review of payment documents in relation to payment checklist;
- Keep petty cash funds safe and provide periodic petty cash reports.
- Raising of Payment Vouchers/Petty Cash Vouchers
- Carry out routine day to day finance duties
- Any other duty may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc in Accounting / Banking and Finance with 3 years of project experience
- Finance and Grant management experience on INGO projects
- Experience in the use of financial accounting software
- Experience in project finance, audit, and project banking
- Knowledge of USAID and other Donor agencies financial regulations and ICT skills.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their resumes, cover letters, and references on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: email@example.com using the position being applied for as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.