Independent Monitor at Helen Keller International – 86 Openings
Helen Keller International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition and diseases of poverty. Cofounded by Helen Keller – and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers life-changing health solutions to vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Independent Monitor
Locations: Adamawa, Akwa Ibom and Katsina
Number of Openings: Adamawa (21), Akwa Ibom (31) and Katsina (34)
Duration: Training – 2 days; Field Activities/Intervention – 5 days.
Reports to: M&E Specialist.
- Helen Keller International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition and diseases of poverty. Cofounded by Helen Keller and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers life-changing health solutions to vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change.
- Under the supervision of the M&E Specialist, the Independent Monitor assists with monitoring and supervision of MNCHW in assigned LGAs/state and administering standard questionnaires using a programmed smartphone and submit a comprehensive report of activities and intervention at the end of the exer
- Participate in supervising MNCHW intervention teams and monitoring of intervention in communities within assigned state.
- Participate in filling 20 health worker supervisory questionnaires daily for a 4-day period.
- Participate in interviewing 20 caregiver exit interview questionnaire daily for a 4-day period.
- Complete 1 picture / video / interview form on the 5th day of the intervention.
- Document lessons learned, successes / best practices challenge and proffer possible solutions.
- Produce and submit a detailed preliminary report of the MNCHW in assigned state.
- Return assigned Smart phones, chargers, power banks and ID Cards.
- Specifically, the consultant shall ensure that the various SMART Phone-based VADI.
Required Minimum Education / Experience / Skills
- Degree in sciences, Public Health, Public Administration, Management or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year working experience in Nutrition program or carrying out data collection using smart phone.
- Willingness to travel within all parts of the state.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to the job requirements
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills and supportive supervision skills;
- Able to work under pressure, hard to reach areas and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above.