Project Director at the American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Report to (Supervisor): Administrator of Grants and Contracts
Supervises: Conflict Management Specialist and Finance Officer
- This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The Project Director will lead on the design and implementation of the project and explore, analyze, recommend, design, and oversee implementation of conflict management components of the project.
- S/he will develop an approach to ensuring collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Lead on the delivery of the project design that is tailored to the beneficiaries as per British Council guidelines.
- Identify and lead peace-building and conflict mitigation activities.
- Identify and understand the positive and negative values of conflict and manage its impact on team performance and project success.
- Provide support for vulnerable youths to get access to the project’s programs.
- Manage Finances and also the technical and administrative staff of the Project.
- Work with the relevant government agencies to ensure alignment with their priorities, as well as to reach out to the beneficiary communities.
- Conduct periodic monitoring visits to communities and interface with the target beneficiaries.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Administrator of Grants and Contracts.
- Master’s Degree in Conflict Resolution, Development Studies, Economics, Management, or related field.
- At least 4-7 years of experience in managing conflict-related projects or similar projects.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Proven experience delivering conflict management programs in the North East.
- High level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages).
- Fluent in Local Hausa languages and English.
- High level of report writing skills (Desirable).
- Previous knowledge of INGO experience (Preferable)
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.