Recruitment Assistant at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- Under the direct supervision of the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Talent Acquisition Officer serves as part of the focal point for the coordination of recruitment related activities as well as provision of recruitment support to ensure effective and efficient execution of processes, projects, and activities.
Support the recruitment Team in achieving the core objectives to:
- Provide professional support to hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process, from offer to start as well as enduring appropriate resources are deployed to achieve the mission’s values and principles.
- Provide comprehensive support function to the HR team for Adhoc tasks and future organizational projects.
- Participate in the coordination of all aspects of the recruitment and selection process including Scheduling interviews and tests with candidates, provide feedback as appropriate and conduct reference checks and background checks.
- Prepare recruitment materials and documents as required.
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure the maintenance of the IRC recruitment module and all candidates receive timely communication and feedback.
- Draft offer letters and employment contracts and all other employee-related letters for all national employees including collection and maintenance of new starters’ documents.
- Maintenance of recruitment data such as job descriptions, interview grids, reference checks, and tests.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Work effectively as a member of the HR team to ensure optimization of resources across the team as well as delivering consistency and effectiveness of practice.
- Other relevant duties and projects work as directed by the Talent Acquisition Manager
- Maintenance of high technical standards
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following IRC Nigeria staff Regulations.
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management / Business Administration and relevant field required
- Not less than 12 months’ work experience in Human Resources, Recruitment and Talent Management
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by the deadline.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Willing to adhere to and carry out the IRC rules
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Talent Acquisition Manager
- Indirect Reports:
- Position directly Supervises: Recruitment Intern
- Key Internal Contacts: nil.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online