Romanian Government (Undergraduate, Masters & PhD) Scholarships 2022/2023 for study in Romania (Funded)
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case are eligible.
Scholarships for studies in accredited higher education institutions in Romania are awarded through a competition of files based on the regulations in force, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education (ME).
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- submit a complete file;
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the enrolment deadline;
- have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- comply with the application submission methodology.
The scholarship applicant can choose from any of the following three study cycles in accredited
higher education institutions in Romania:
a) bachelor’s degree: bachelor’s degree programmes are addressed to graduates of high school studies or pre-university studies at the end of which they obtained a baccalaureate degree or equivalent, as well as candidates applying for further university studies in Romania. The complete programme runs for a period of 3-6 years, depending on the specialization followed and ends with a bachelor’s exam;
b) master’s degree: master’s degree programmes are addressed to undergraduates, run for a period of 1 year, 1.5 years or 2 years and end with the dissertation exam;
c) PhD: doctoral programmes are addressed to graduate students or equivalent and run for a period of 3-5 years, depending on the profile of the chosen faculty and end with the presentation of a PhD thesis. Admission to PhD and obtaining a scholarship are conditioned by an entrance examination.
Scholarship beneficiaries are provided with the following facilities:
a) exemption from the payment of registration fees or any other fees required by application processing, testing for the Romanian language skills, taking the admission contest for doctoral studies and the specific aptitude tests;
b) financing the tuition expenses for the Romanian language preparatory year;
c) financing the tuition expenses for the actual studies, but not more than the duration of a university cycle, corresponding to the study programme followed;
d) granting a monthly scholarship, for students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year;
e) granting a monthly scholarship, for students enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral studies, but not more than the duration of a university cycle;
f) financing the accommodation expenses in the student dormitories, within the allocated subsidy granted through the budget of the Ministry of Education;
g) medical assistance in case of medical-surgical emergencies and diseases with endemic-epidemic potential, in accordance with the legislation in force;
h) local public, ground, naval and underground transport, as well as domestic car, railway and naval transport, in the same conditions as those offered to Romanian students, according to the legal provisions.
i) exemption from the payment of study visa fee.
These facilities are granted throughout the study period, as follows:
- for students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year, during its courses;
- for students enrolled in bachelor’s and master’s studies, during the academic year and during the legal holidays, but not during the summer vacation. If students have to stay at the faculty during the summer vacation for curricular activities or if there are specific legal provisions, the rights are maintained during the summer vacation;
- for doctoral students enrolled in full-time learning, throughout the calendar year;
- another 30 days after completing university studies lasting at least 1 year.
Documents required to complete the file
Each candidate will create an account on the Study in Romania platform, will fill in the requested data and upload the following documents:
- Copies of the diplomas obtained (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent, plus bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate degree, if applicable) and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copies of transcripts of the completed studies and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the birth certificate (or equivalent document) and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the first three pages of the passport or of the national document of identity and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae in English or French in the required format and, for the doctoral cycle, also a letter of intent from the applicant in English, French, Spanish or Romanian language.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2022
For More Information: