Volunteers (Free Education Research) at the United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Volunteer (Research the Benefits of Free 12 Years of Education)
Host Entity: Noble Missions for Change Initiative
Expected Start Date: Invalid Date
Duration: 12 months
Number of assignments:3
Sustainable Development Goal: Quality Education
Volunteer Category: International UN Youth Volunteer
Mission and Objectives
- Noble Missions is a tech non-profit social enterprise based in Nigeria with support from volunteers all over the world .
- We deploy technology to realize the UN sustainable development goals (SDGs). Our vision is to see a world where technology is available and accessible to all citizens to foster sustainable development and reduce hunger. And our mission is using digital tools to advance education in Africa.
- Every child in Nigeria has a right to free 9 years of education. And after the 9 years period, many drop out of school because their parents don’t have the resources to sponsor the remaining years of school.
- This assignment is been carried out to make a case for free 12 years of education, especially for girls. It will contribute to our ongoing advocacy on the need for education to be free in Nigeria for at least 12 years.
- There has been a clamour for free quality 12 years of education. And some countries have gone ahead to make it free.
- In fact, countries like Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Lebanon, Turkey, Sri Lanka and Uruguay provide free education at all levels, including college and university for its citizens.
- This task is about researching to know which countries have the first 12 years of education free, how are they funding it and how has the free education impacted the country, negative or positive? Can the research findings be used to convince other countries to make their education free?
The volunteers should be experienced in designing and implementing a research project. Other core skills include:
- Desk review
- Data analysis, and
- Report writing.
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online