Genomics Africa Medium to Long-term Fellowships 2022 (Fully Funded)
Medium- to Long-term Fellowships for established scientists, post-doctorate fellows, and public health officials (2 months, 6 months, and 12 months).
The medium to long-term fellowship will cover travel, accommodation, and a daily stipend (around US$50). We will prioritize the selection of individuals from national institutes of health and academic organizations in Africa that already have SARS-CoV-2 genomic data production and analysis experience and need to build skills in statistics, epidemiology, wet-lab genomic data production, bioinformatics and phylogenetic data analysis.
- African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID), Nigeria
- Centre for Epidemic Response and Innovation (CERI), Stellenbosch University, Cape Town and Stellenbosch, South Africa
- International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), Nairobi, Kenya
- KZN Research Innovation and Sequencing Platform (KRISP), Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, Durban, South Africa
Fellowships are available to:
- Laboratory Technologists
- Post-graduate Students
- Post-doctoral Research Fellows
- Clinical Infectious Diseases Specialists
- Public Health Officials
- Senior Scientists
The majority of the fellowships will be provided to African researchers. However, we also encourage established international scientists and post-doctoral fellows from other regions of the world to also apply for the fellowship given they are committed to contributing to institution-building work in the hosting African institutions and/or c on-site training of African fellows.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2022
For More Information: