The African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship Program 2022
The 2022 edition of the African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship Award Program opened its two-month submission period in search of creative proposals addressing accelerated delivery and adoption of improved soil fertility management in Africa. The African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship has up to two awards of $5,000 (U.S. Dollars) available for two scientists or extension specialists working within an African NARES (National Agricultural Research and Extension System) institution, African university, nonprofit organization, or the private sector.
- Scientists, extension specialists or educators working at an African NARES institution (National Agricultural Research and Extension System), African university, nonprofit organization, or in the private sector are eligible for the African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit creative proposals addressing knowledge gaps or needed synthesis of existing information for accelerating the delivery and adoption of improved nutrient stewardship in Africa. Applicants should indicate how the award will be used (such as to support travel, communication outreach, or training activities).
- Evidence of partnerships and collaboration will be favourably reviewed. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- A description of how the Fellowship will lead to improved outreach or implementation of appropriate soil fertility management in agricultural systems. This will outline any new initiatives, data synthesis, communication tools, training events, or travel that will be conducted with the award funds. Include sufficient detail to permit evaluation of the work’s originality, its innovative approaches, and potential impact.
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the applicant’s supervisor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A resume that includes academic degrees and relevant publications/communication products dealing with aspects of soil fertility management.
- A short report on how the funds were used to support the outcomes of the proposal will be required at the end of the award period.
- You will be required to upload documents during the on-line application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2022
For More Information: