Carrington Youth Fellowship Program 2022/2023 for young Nigerians
The Carrington Fellowship program is a community-based one-year-long professional development program for entry to mid-level professionals. Fellows develop core leadership, communication and programs management skills, improve their network, and get mentored.
The Carrington Fellowship program is open to all Lagos-based Nigerians who meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 35 on or before the application deadline;
- Are Nigerians who live in Lagos, Ogun, and Oyo States;
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Are not alumni of the Carrington Fellowship.
- Are available to participate in the one-year long program in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Participate in a year-long professional development program
- Strengthen your work through new connections, skills and ideas.
- Get mentored by experienced Nigerians and Americans
- Join the U.S. Consulate General network in Nigeria.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of leadership in your community
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others;
- Strong social and communication skills;
- An energetic, positive attitude;
- July 18 | Application Opens (Oyo/Ogun states)
- July 30 | Application Closes (Oyo/Ogun states)
- August 15 | Finalist Announced (Oyo/Ogun/Lagos states)
For More Information: