Volunteer (Create Fundraising Write-ups) at the United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Volunteer (Create fundraising write-ups)
Host Entity: TechCeFaCos Group – Cameroon
Duration: 8 weeks
Number of Assignment: 5
Sustainable Development Goal: 8. Decent work and economic growth
Expected Start Date: Invalid Date
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required?: 1 – 5
Description of assignment title: Create fundraising write-ups for our projects for refugees
Mission and Objectives:
- TechCeFaCos Group is an officially registered Cameroon non-profit, apolitical, charity-oriented and developmental CIG with authorization No.: NW/GP/27/04/8170, in compliance with Law No.: 92/006 of 14 august 1992 relating to cooperative societies and common initiative groups and its decree of application No.: 92/455/PM of 23rd November 1992.
- TechCeFaCos Group-Is to create a positive impact in the lives of underprivileged individuals, groups and communities. Its’ vision is the ‘Creation of New Hope’ that will enhance wealth creation by providing them empowerment as a crucial element for TechCeFaCos’ development and humanitarian programmes: expresses empowerment as the only solution to Cameroon and Africa’s economic and unemployment hurdles!
- TechCeFaCos NGO Cameroon aims at promoting and encouraging developmental policies and strategic initiatives toward arts and computer technologies through strategic plans for greater socio-economic and educational development in Cameroon.
- ICT4D | Community Development | Volunteer & Internship Opportunities | Capacity Building | Education & Vocational Training | Sustainable Micro-Enterprise | Collaboration & Social Network | OVC’s Hopes | Children’s Safety | ‘Project of Great Hope’
- The overall objectives are to improve the ease the pressures on host countries and enhance refugee self-reliance of the refugees based on The Global Compact On Refugees – “represents the political will and ambition of the international community as a whole for strengthened cooperation and solidarity with refugees and affected host countries”. The Contribution of online volunteer task will support our organization’s efforts towards achieving the SDGs.
- The selected volunteers would help create three write-ups for projects for refugees to inspire stakeholders and well-wishers to take action; as the write-ups will be in the form of compelling email messages, insightful articles or interesting short stories are expected. Online Volunteers won’t contact any third parties on our behalf.
- Excellent creative writing skills
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.