Logistician 1 at The International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC
The International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC- (www.icrc.org) is an independent humanitarian organization, neutral and impartial. Yola Sub-Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Site Manager in Yola, the Logistician 1 provides technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, stock management, transport, import-export activities, and statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards and local legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Acts as Team lead in the absence of the Logistics Site Manager (LSM).
• Assist the Logistics Site Manager with the management of different logistics activities and teams.
• Fulfills the gap of any logistics team member’s absence according to the competence and performs related tasks efficiently in compliance with effective rules and procedures.
• Collect needed data and information within assigned area(s) and produce and share related reports with LSM and technical reference persons.
• Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
• Manages and oversees warehouse activities and staff.
• Ensures that goods are received, stored, and dispatched according to the SOPs; immediately reports any problem or discrepancies.
• Ensures that warehouse space is well utilized and makes recommendations for layout changes when needed
• Ensures that goods are properly segregated within the warehouse.
• Ensures that warehouse regulations and rules on pest control and hygiene are applied.
• Commissions and follows up on air, sea, and road transport.
• Organize the logistical transport of good so that the ICRC can carry out its assistance activities.
• Checks the credentials of contracted companies under the supervision of Logistics Site Manager and Head of Transport Unit in the Delegation.
• Ensures that all transport requests from delegation and sub-sites are responded to quickly and efficiently.
• Ensure the hand-over with handling agent for all passengers, luggage, and cargo for RED flights from/to Yola airport for further processing through terminal.
• Ensure that all departing/arriving cargo is as manifest and corresponds to the AWB issued by Logistics. Any unmanifested cargo (including Dangerous Goods) should be reported to AirOps focal point ABJ.
• In case of operational issues (technical issue, weather change, etc.), informs AirOps focal point ABJ accordingly so mitigation measures can be put in place as required.
Education and Experience Required
• University degree in Logistics, Administration, or any related discipline
• Three (3) years professional experience, preferably in commercial, military, or humanitarian logistics
• Good command (spoken and written) of English language
• Computer proficiency
• ICRC field experience is an asset
• Available to travel outside of Yola, to the different site of operation on a regular basis.
Desired profile and Skills
• Very good analytical skills
• Good interpersonal and People Management skills
• Initiative, organized, methodical and flexible personality
How to Apply
• Send Curriculum vitae, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
• Clearly indicate “ABJ202200319 Logistician YOL” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
• In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
• Current location
• Languages you speak
• Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 26.08.2022, 16:30hrs. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.